Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Creator Offers Himself to the Creature for his Enjoyment


St. Cyril the Great

The Creator Offers Himself to the Creature for his Enjoyment!

Come, eat my bread, He urges, and drink the wine I have mixed for you.

Eat me, Life, and you will live, for this is my desire. Eat the Life that does not fail, for this have I come, that you may have life, and have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Eat the bread which renews your nature. Drink the wine, the exultation of immortality.. I became like you, for you, without being changed from my nature, that you might through me become “partakers of the divine nature”. 2 Peter 1: 4


Sermon 10 on the Mystical Supper (Message of the Fathers of the Church, 7. The Eucharist, page 149-152).


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

In the News